The most important thing for WordPress website Optimization in search engine verify your website to Google webmaster Tools. In this tutorial we will be talking about how easy it is step by step.
What Is Google Webmaster Tools?
Google Webmaster Tools is a tool provided by Google to any Publisher so their website will be found in search engine easily. This tool will give you data report that also will help you to understand how website pages could be found in search engine.
You will also see your search query and how often visitor click on it. This data will help you to rank your articles, help you to create a new article, and determining the best strategy for your website.
Other than that, this tool also tells you if there is any problem with your website where Google stopped crawling and not indexing your website anymore.
What Do You Need?
To start this tutorial, make sure you have :
- Google Account
- Access to your WordPress dashboard
Step 1 : Get Webmaster Verification Code
- First you can go to Google Webmaster Tools and log in with your Google account. After logged in please click Add a Property button, now enter your website URL in that coloumn and click Add.
- In the next page, you be asked to do own verification from your website. Please click Alternate Methods tab and choose HTML tag, and copy the meta for you to paste in your website <head> tag. Please proceed to step 2 before clicking the VERIFY button.
Step 2 : Install Webmaster Verification Code to Your Website
Actually you can use one of some options provided, example you can upload HTML file that has been provided to your website directory. You can start the uploading process using FTP. But, in this tutorial we will be using meta tag in your website header.
- To add meta tag to your website, please use Insert Headers and Footers Install and activate that plugin, you can see how to install that plugin by clicking here.
- After you are done with installing and activating your plugin, copy Google Webmaster Tools Meta tag as shown at step 1. The code should be looking like this.
<meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”Your Verification Code” />
- Now in your dashboard click Settings > Insert Header and Footers, and paste meta tag inside your header. Done ? click Save.
- Back to Google webmaster Tools and click Verify Site.
- If you have followed the steps correctly you should see a Success message like this picture. Please click Continue to finish set up.
After your website has been successfully verified by Google Webmaster Tools, the next step that you must do is adding sitemap XML. If you are familiar with what is sitemap and how to create it, please follow this tutorial How To Create Sitemap.