If you want to improve your website successfully you have to know about how to install Google Analytics on WordPress. It is important for you to know what is your visitor looking for so they will enter your website. The best way to actualize it you have to analize more. And of course you can use Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a free web based software that allows you to see visitor sources, track, and much more. When you are analyzing your website statistic, you will have a chance or something for you to create better content for your visitor. In this article we will talk about how to register and add Google Analytics to WordPress Website.
Also Read :
How to Safely Log In To WordPress With Two Factor Authentication
What Do You Need?
Before we start our tutorial, Please Make Sure you are :
- Have the access to wordpress admin dashboard
How To Install Google Analytics On WordPress
Step 1 : Create Google Analytics Account
First thing first you need to create Google Analytics Account and get your Tracking Code to install it on your wordpress admin dashboard. Below is some step you can follow to register Google Analytics.
- Go to Google Analytics home page. Then, Click Sign Up button at the top of the page. Choose Google Analytics.
- After that you will be redirected to login page. Please enter your Gmail Account Email. If you have not registered yet, you can register yourself first by clicking Create Account button.
- In the next page, please enter your password and click Sign In button.
- Click Sign Up button to go to the next step.
- To create a new Google Analytics account, you have to fill some of information. Please fill all form correctly.
- Account Name
- Website Name
- Website URL
- Industry Category
- Reporting Time Zone
When you are done with all informations now click Get Tracking ID.
At this step, you have been successfully creating Google Analytics account and you will see your Tracking Code in the next page. When page loaded you can copy the code and proceed to the next step.
Step 2 : Add Google Analytics to WordPress Blog
There are few steps to add Google Analytics Tracking code to WordPress blog. You can directly add the code with header.php file, take a new action with functions.php file, or you can simply using plugin.
If you are not familiar with wordpress and PHP structure, we suggest you to use plugin. Recommended plugin we choose is Google Analytics By ShareThis. Using this plugin, you will be able to add your Tracking code easily and you don’t need to modify your code manually.
Below are steps to install, and enter your Google Analytics Tracking Code :
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and install Google Analytics plugin. To install, please click Plugin menu > Add New, and type Google Analytics on search bar and start your plugin installation by ShareThis.
- After plugin installation done and your plugin activated, please click Settings menu > Google Analytics.
- Paste your Tracking code at Web Property ID coloumn and click Save Changes.
- Now you have successfully added your tracking code to WordPress Blog.
Report from Google Analytics usually takes up to 12 to 24 hours to be shown. You can see your website statistic by clicking Reporting tab.
Also Read :
Guide To Improve Business With Google Analytics
Google Analytics provide statistic feature about your website and will really help you to create content for your visitor. This tool is a must have tool for most webmaster. Now you know and you are ready to install you own Google Analytics to your WordPress blog or website with tracking code provided you can also increase your website ranking by getting the most advanced seo service from GTR ACADEMY.